It’s a proven fact: Bagels are delicious.
I recently started the Keto diet again and wanted to find a substitute for the bagels I had grown accustomed to eating. With only 6 ingredients, this keto bagel recipe is very easy to make and tastes delicious!
Recipe: Everything Keto Bagels
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 8
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
CARBS: 5 PER BAGEL
- 2 c. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp. everything bagel seasoning, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour with the baking powder.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until the cheese is melted and combined, about 3 minutes total.
- Scrape the cheese mixture into the bowl with the almond flour mixture and add the two eggs. Mix until well combined. Knead with hands if necessary.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Press your finger into the center of each ball and stretch to form a bagel shape. Arrange bagels on prepared baking sheets.
- Dip the bagels in the beaten egg mixture on both sides. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. I put the seasoning on both sides of the bagel.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You can freeze and pop in the toaster at a later date!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make them, let me know what you think.