It’s a proven fact: Bagels are delicious.
After my mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer during the COVID pandemic, I used this as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I am definitely the type of person who eats their emotions and what better way to make myself feel better than by eating ice cream, macaroni and cheese, and bagels? While this was a quick fix in the moment, this lead to my stomach issues being worse than ever.
I recently started the Keto diet again and wanted to find a substitute for the bagels I had grown accustomed to eating. With only 6 ingredients, this keto bagel recipe is very easy to make and tastes delicious!
Recipe: Everything Keto Bagels
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 8
PREP TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
CARBS: 5 PER BAGEL
- 2 c. almond flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp. everything bagel seasoning, or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond flour with the baking powder.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until the cheese is melted and combined, about 3 minutes total.
- Scrape the cheese mixture into the bowl with the almond flour mixture and add the two eggs. Mix until well combined. Knead with hands if necessary.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Press your finger into the center of each ball and stretch to form a bagel shape. Arrange bagels on prepared baking sheets.
- Dip the bagels in the beaten egg mixture on both sides. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. I put the seasoning on both sides of the bagel.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You can freeze and pop in the toaster at a later date!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make them, let me know what you think.