My experience with the #Last90Days Challenge.
Today, I am joining hundreds of thousands of people in the #Last90Days Challenge. And my husband is doing the challenge with me!
What is it?
October 1st marks the last 90 days of the year and the holiday season is imminent. Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are some of my favorite milestones of the year and are usually marked with social gatherings, food, and drinks. And since there are so many events to attend, cookies to bake, and presents to buy, it can be SO EASY to put your fitness goals on the back burner, get off track, and to end the year in a fun but unhealthy way.
Rachel Hollis created the Last 90 Day Challenge in order to help people START their New Year on the right foot rather than on the wrong foot. She identified that the last three months of the year tend to be the most stressful of the entire year, and when we typically make the worst decisions regarding our health, and if you don’t have a plan, you’ll resort to negative behavior.
What Do I Have to Do?
The concept of the Last 90 Day Challenge is really simple:
EVERY MONDAY morning you get an email from The Hollis Co with the week’s theme. Each theme will focus on a different topic from persistence to the power of habits. They also include all kinds of resources and FREE content that will help you with the challenge.
EVERY WEEKDAY morning at 8AM central you can join Rachel and Dave for their daily live stream on either their Instagram or Facebook page, or you can also download the Start Today Morning Show podcast. Each day’s live stream starts with a little humor and ends with a little fire. Each day they’ll be unpacking the limiting beliefs and best practices that held them up or helped push forward along their own journey. They will also add all sorts of other things into their programming so we can add the most value to you. *This is Optional*
EVERY DAY you need to do your Five to Thrive! Five to Thrive is the baseline of the Last 90 Day Challenge. While everyone taking part in the challenge is at different places and stages, everyone commits to doing these five things every day:
- Wake Up Earlier: Get up an hour earlier than you normally do and use the time for yourself.
- For me, I am getting up at 6:30am to journal and write my blog.
- Move Your Body: Workout at least 30 minutes a day.
- Since I am currently training for a half marathon, I am glad to have this accountability carved into my day.
- Hydrate: Drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- I am a naturally thirsty person, and I love to drink water. I think this will be an easy one for me to accomplish.
- Eliminate 1 Food: Give up one food category you know you shouldn’t be eating.
- For me, I am giving up pop. In 2017 I gave up pop for 3 months, but when my dad died, I started drinking Diet Coke again. Honestly, I don’t even like the taste and it makes me feel disgusting. This is something I need to remove from my diet in order to live my best life.
- Gratitude: Write down 10 things that you are grateful for each day.
- I have one of Hollis’s Start Today journals and I plan to write in this first thing every morning. I have been writing in a gratitude journal on and off for years and honestly, it truly helps make me a more positive person and has helped me shift my mindset to identify all the blessings in my life.
How Do I Sign Up?
If you want to participate in the Last 90 Day Challenge as well, you can site up on The Hollis Co website here.
If you are doing the Last 90 Day Challenge too, I would love to hear from you! I am committed to living the best version of my life and I am excited to see what I will accomplish during the last 3 months of this decade.