I LOVE dessert. But if you’ve ever tried keto, you have experienced the limitations in this food category. So when a former coworker shared a cheesecake recipe that she modified to make it keto-friendly, I was very interested!
Making a keto cheesecake is actually the first time I’ve ever made ANY type of cheesecake. But since you are only substituting ingredients, I would say the experiences are pretty similar.
This keto cheesecake recipe is delicious and will satisfy your non-keto friends and family as well! My husband didn’t even know it was a “special cheesecake” until I told him.
And remember: making a cheesecake it quite a process so be prepared and make sure you read all the instructions before you dive in to making the recipe!
It is better to start the cheesecake a day ahead of time, as it needs to refrigerate for a least 6 hours.
Recipe: Keto Cheesecake
Chocolate Shortbread Base
- 2.5 sticks of butter, very cold, cubed small
- 1/3 cup granular Swerve
- 3 cups pecan flour
- 6 tsps. cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Work the butter, granular Swerve, pecan flour and cocoa with a food processor or your fingers to get a sandy mixture. Work the dough for a minute.
- Press one half into the bottom of a greased 10 or 12 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes and let cool completely.
Note: You might have to add more pecan flour if the crust seems too mushy. You can also use almond flour – I prefer pecan flour. If you like a thinner cheesecake crust, you can use less of the dough.
- 4 blocks cream cheese, extremely softened
- 1 stick butter, extremely softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granular Swerve
- 5 eggs, separated into egg whites and yolks
- 2 TBSP cornstarch, sifted
- 6 TBSP lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Separate eggs into egg yolks and egg whites.
- Whip the egg whites until very stiff.
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, granular Swerve, lemon juice, sour cream, and cornstarch in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until combine. Do not incorporate too much air or the cake will crack.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix just until combined.
- Gently fold egg whites into the cream cheese batter.
- Pour the batter over the chocolate shortbread crust. The batter will reach the rim of the cake.
- Wrap your springform pan with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Set it in a large roasting pan, add enough hot water to come up halfway up the side of the pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, crack the door of the oven open and let your cheesecake cool in there for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and refrigerate completely for a few hours or better yet overnight.
I hope you enjoy this keto cheesecake! I recommend serving the cheesecake with Walmart’s Great Value Sugar-free Whipped Heavy Cream and Walden Farms Zero Calorie/Zero Carb syrups.